Nabbar Court No. 123
Proudly serving THE Atlanta metro community for over 56 years
Talent & Scholarship Pageant
Nabbar Court No. 123 is committed to providing scholarships to graduating high school seniors who pursue post-high school courses of study at an accredited college/university or other post-secondary education institutions.
Our annual Talent and Scholarship event will take place on April 22, 2023, in Atlanta, Georgia. Our theme this year is Embrace the Change, the Outcome is Beautiful!
Nabbar Court No. 123, a Constituent Court of the Imperial Court, Auxiliary to the A.E.A.O.N.M.S., Inc., which is a charitable and benevolent organization under exemption status 501c8. This is the determination provided to non-profit fraternal organizations.
Our organization strives to contribute to the advancement of local communities in metro Atlanta by encouraging health awareness among youth and adults, promoting the development of powerful leaders, providing services to help disabled and senior citizens, and disseminating information for educational opportunities and career planning to youth and young adults.
Nabbar Court No. 123 has been a servant to the community in the city of Atlanta for over 57 years. One of our annual events each year is the Talent and Scholarship Program. This program supports deserving high school students on their journey to achieve higher education, meet their professional aspirations, and succeed to their fullest ability. Additionally, it offers informational workshops providing each participant with the tools and resources needed to prepare them for the future.
1. All participants must complete the application package including the essay and submit via email to Shaunta Rutherford (email@example.com) by March 16, 2023.
2. If any question/statement does not apply to you in this application, please put “N/A” in the space.
3. Please type responses on application or if handwritten, please print legibly
4. Enrollment letter from post-secondary educational institute will be required before any scholarship funds disbursed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PAGEANT:
1. Must be a 17 – 19-year-old female
2. Must be a graduating high school senior in the year of the award or freshman in college in the year of the award
3. Attend mandatory informational zoom meeting, all workshops/seminars, and rehearsals
4. Applicant must demonstrate positive impact and involvement in school, church, and the community, as determined through this application process
1. All contestants and parents/guardians are required to attend the Information Session via Zoom on Thursday, March 23rd. Zoom link will be sent in advance of the meeting.
2. All contestants are required to perform a talent of their choice such as the following:
Musical Selection (Vocal/Instrumental)
Sport highlight (e.g., video of your sport performances throughout your high school years)
*Important Note: Contestant must provide any music, props, etc. for talent competition
3. Each contestant will be required to submit a 500-word (double-spaced) essay on the following topic:
Choose an event from the past year that has had a significant impact on you. Describe the impact of the event and how it has made you the person you are today or hope to be in the future.
4. All candidates will be judged in the following areas:
Attire for Talent Scholarship Pageant
Talent attire is the contestant’s personal choice based on routine.
Business attire is required for the introduction.
Formal attire is required for the coronation
6. Contestants that are the recipients of the awards will have to provide proof of enrollment at a post-secondary school before being awarded the scholarship. Proof of Enrollment is due no later than January 31. 2024.
PayPal is now charging a fee to all users. When sending payments, be sure to add 3% of the total payment.
Fees are the responsibility of the sender. Please notate in the memo area what you are paying for or purchasing.